ASHYA KING is cancer free and back at school in Spain, according to his father.
The news comes almost three years after Brett and Naghmeh King took their son out of a UK hospital and travelled to Prague, in the Czech Republic, for proton therapy treatment.
The move sparked an international manhunt as NHS doctors said the treatment would fail and that Ashya, five at the time, was ‘too ill to go’.
They were soon released as Ashya had to be taken to a local hospital for emergency treatment before a court order allowed them to travel to Prague.
Dad Brett now claims the brain tumour has disappeared and that Ashya is very well and happily back at school.
The manager of Prague’s Proton Therapy Centre Iva Tatounova said: “We are in a regular contact with Ashya King’s parents.
“According to the last news from them the boy is very well.”
Ms Tatounova added: “In Spain, where he lives with his parents and other siblings, he goes to school every day, he continues in rehabilitation and goes to a logopedist.”
NHS chiefs have since confirmed they are looking to bring proton beam treatment to the UK.
While it does not provide the treatment, it will pay for children to travel abroad to receive it when necessary.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19