THIS is the moment a 64-year-old woman in Spain gave birth to twins.
The unnamed OAP has now become the country’s second oldest mother after a successful Caesarian section at the Recoletas Hospital in Burgos.
The boy and girl are in a ‘perfect state of health’, weighing 5lbs 3oz and 4lbs 8oz respectively.
The pensioner fell pregnant following successful IVF treatment in the US.
But the birth will likely be met by controversy after it was revealed that the woman, said to be from Palacios de la Sierra, had her last child taken away from her.
According to El Mundo, the mother had a daughter via the same method six years ago, but social services took her away after detecting problems related to a lack of schooling and personal hygiene.
The young girl is now believed to be living with a relatives after being removed in 2014.
A hospital spokesman said of today’s birth: “The mother and her twins, a boy and a girl, will remain in the hospital for four or five days which is normal after a Caesarian.
“There were no problems. Everything went according to plan.”
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13
- Homes sealed off after explosion shatters windows more than 50 metres away on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:35