THERESA May has said her Brexit plan remains unchanged despite mounting setbacks.
It comes after it was revealed that her Queen’s Speech, which was meant to take place on Monday, has now been delayed.
A date for the State Opening of Parliament will be announced later today as May attempts to get her plan for government together following a humiliating defeat in last week’s snap election.
The setback comes as she is still attempting to secure a deal with the Northern Irish DUP, without whose support she does not have enough seats to form a majority government.
The Brexit talks, due to begin on Monday, will now have to start at a later date too.
Brexit secretary David Davis has said the negotiations will begin at some point next week.
“It’s in the week of next week, basically, is the first discussions,” Davis told Sky News.
“It may not be on the Monday because we’ve also got the Queen’s Speech that week and I will have to speak in that and so on.”
May’s official spokesman claimed the Government’s plans were intact during a press conference this morning.
He said: “What was clear in the referendum campaign was that what the British people voted for was to take control of their money, their borders and their laws.
“That is what we are delivering.”
Meanwhile, Conservatives are said to be demanding that May may revisit her hard approach to Brexit.
DUP leader Arlene Foster is due in Downing Street on Tuesday, when the Prime Minister will seek to iron out what the controversial party wants in return for supporting her programme.
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25