THERESA May has said her Brexit plan remains unchanged despite mounting setbacks.
It comes after it was revealed that her Queen’s Speech, which was meant to take place on Monday, has now been delayed.
A date for the State Opening of Parliament will be announced later today as May attempts to get her plan for government together following a humiliating defeat in last week’s snap election.
The setback comes as she is still attempting to secure a deal with the Northern Irish DUP, without whose support she does not have enough seats to form a majority government.
The Brexit talks, due to begin on Monday, will now have to start at a later date too.
Brexit secretary David Davis has said the negotiations will begin at some point next week.
“It’s in the week of next week, basically, is the first discussions,” Davis told Sky News.
“It may not be on the Monday because we’ve also got the Queen’s Speech that week and I will have to speak in that and so on.”
May’s official spokesman claimed the Government’s plans were intact during a press conference this morning.
He said: “What was clear in the referendum campaign was that what the British people voted for was to take control of their money, their borders and their laws.
“That is what we are delivering.”
Meanwhile, Conservatives are said to be demanding that May may revisit her hard approach to Brexit.
DUP leader Arlene Foster is due in Downing Street on Tuesday, when the Prime Minister will seek to iron out what the controversial party wants in return for supporting her programme.
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06