A SNAKE measuring 1.6 metres has been caught by police after devouring two swallows.
The large horseshoe snake had fallen from a nearby courtyard onto a roof of a building in Paseo de Reding.
Removing the serpent was particularly difficult due to the roof being made of old wooden planks that could not support the weight of officer.
Capturing the beast, the local officer was bitten on the hand, but fortunately protected by his safety glove.
After being placed into a tank, the animal regurgitated the two birds.
- Velez-Malaga Town Hall receives more than 180 tax claims - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 19:32
- Protesters march over Malaga mosquito problem - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 15:45
- Local pupils reenact victory over Britain - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 12:15
- Film about ancient treasure to be filmed in Rincon de la Victoria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 17:40
- Geothermal deposit found in Almeria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 15:58
- Estepona to host Circus festival - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 14:43
- Towns to unite to promote tourism - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 19:36
- Axarquia to host mental health conference - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 18:29
- Culture top reason tourists visit Andalucia - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 14:20
- Alleged axe attack in Axarquia - 14 Jun, 2017 @ 19:02