HE’S just served up his 10th French Open win, but Rafa Nadal could be about to score a unique Mallorca ace.
Political party Ciudadanos have suggested the King Of Clay have an avenue, street or square named in his honour on the island.
The Mallorca wing of the centre-right party has petitioned the Town Hall, suggesting Avenida des Parc, where the Mallorca Tennis Club is situated, is changed to Rafael Nadal Avenue.
Ciudadanos spokesperson Jeroni Ferrer said: “It’s time Mallorca has an avenue with the name of the most famous Mallorca sportsperson in the world.
“He deserves it.”
Nadal now has his eyes on next month’s Wimbledon, as the tennis season moves onto grass.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00