The study has revealed that almost a quarter of all UK trips to the country end up in some kind of mishap.
It comes after comparethemarket.com created a ‘mishap map’ after polling 8,000 UK holidaymakers.
The research revealed that one in ten British jollies to Europe involved setbacks like illness, injury, or loss of theft or property.
Mainland Spain topped the chart for overall mishaps, followed by the Canary Islands, Greece, and Italy.
You are also most likely to lose or have property stolen in mainland Spain, ahead of the Canary Islands and France.
The mainland also topped the list of countries where people were most liable to fall ill, followed by the Canary Islands and Greece.
Head of Travel at comparethemarket.com Sam Grant said: “No one wants their holiday to be blighted by a mishap – big or small – so it’s always worth taking the necessary precautions.
“Keep an eye on your belongings, use a hotel safe and don’t fall asleep in the midday heat of the Spanish sun.
“Obviously some incidents are completely out of our hands, like flight issues, or getting ill. But it’s always sensible to ensure you have valid travel insurance so if the worst does happen, you’re covered.”
The full interactive map can be found on the Compare the Market website.
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23