THE Olive Press has now received more than 50,000 comments on its stories.
It comes after a bumper last two weeks for the website, which received just under 150,000 visitors and almost 200,000 page views.
We want to take this opportunity to thank all our readers who continue to engage with our articles.
While the backs and forths can get pretty heated, it has been great to see the expat community engage passionately over the issues of the day.
Publisher Jon Clarke says: “It’s great to have created a platform for so much interaction.
“The readers and commentators ARE what the Olive Press is about – sparking debate, dealing with issues, and airing views and grievances.
“Sure, the debate can sometimes get a bit too lively – and I’ve had the odd run in with Stef and Fred – but freedom of speech is important, even when we ourselves get targeted (well, within reason that is).”
Below is a ranking of the top ten keyboard warriors who have posted the most comments, keep them coming!
- Stuart Crawford
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29