POLICE have discovered the bodies of two expats in their Costa del Sol home.
The bodies of a 71-year-old man and 80-year-old woman, husband and wife, were found yesterday afternoon in separate rooms of their apartment. and are believed to have been there between 10 and 15 days.
The woman was reportedly lying on her back and fully clothed, while her husband was found partially clothed in the front room in their Sabinillas apartment.
The bodies, which were badly decomposed, were discovered after the couple’s son raised the alarm after not hearing from them for some time.
Neighbours called the authorities, but it is not yet clear who found the bodies first.
A forensic pathologist spent several hours examining the scene before the bodies were removed.
A police source said: “Until the cause of death is known nothing is being ruled out.
“It is clear they have been dead for some time and so the cause of death is not evident.
“The post-mortem examination should establish the cause of death.”
No weapon was found but a post mortem examination is being carried out in Malaga today.
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06