THIS is the horrifying moment a distressed bull killed itself by ramming a wooden post.
The half-tonne animal became confused while its horns had been set on fire by locals.
It rammed the wooden post it had been tired to, dying instantly in the collision.
The animal died at the burning bull festival in the small town of Foios, 10 miles north of Valencia in eastern Spain.
As is tradition, balls of wax were placed on the bull’s horns before being set ablaze.
Earlier in the day the same animal had gorged a man in the leg during the ‘bous al carrer’ festival, which is Valencian for ‘bulls in the street’, during which the animals chase locals through narrow lanes and into the town square.
The local man, aged 20, was treated by paramedics at the scene.
A video of the bull dying was posted online by animal rights campaigners.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19