AROUND 100,000 men visit prostitutes in the Balearic Islands each year, it has been revealed.
Some 2,350 female prostitutes work on the islands in an industry worth €50 million annually.
According to the new report from The Study Group for Prostitutes on the Balearic Islands (GEPIB), 5,000 local men pay for sex five or more times a month.
Around 15,000 men visit prostitutes three or four time a month while 25,000 do so around once a month.
The study also revealed that 600 of the women are forced to sleep with men 20 times a week or more.
It went on to say that Spain’s economic recession had seen a rise in women aged 40 or over turning to prostitution to pay bills.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00