MALAGA’S international exports have increased by almost 20% in just one year.
In the first half of this year, the province has raked in €1.14 billion from goods sold outside the country, a 19.2% increase on last year.
It means that since 2007, Malaga has doubled its sales abroad.
If it continues on its current trajectory, it is expected to break all records by exporting €2.37 billion worth of goods by the end of 2017.
Foreign sales in the province continue to be led by the food, beverages and tobacco sector (€605 million up to June, up 17.7%) and consumer goods (€185.5 million up to June, with an increase of 44.2%).
The agro-food industry, which includes olive oil, meat and subtropical crops, broke the €1 billion barrier for exports for the first time 2016, surpassing 2015 figures by 21% and accounting for more than half of total exports.
In terms of consumer goods (including textiles), its export volume contributed another 14% to the total sales of Malaga.
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59