It comes after 15 pet dogs have been killed by a ‘toxic substance’ in La Campana this week.
The poison has been discovered in Parque La Futura, a popular children’s play area.
Police closed off the park after poison was discovered around some of the columns in the children’s swings and climbing frames.
The poison has also just been found around the Eucalyptus park in Marbella’s San Pedro de Alcantara.
The dogs have all perished within hours of coming into contact with the substance, even sniffing it can cause death.
Parents are being warned to be extra vigilant of their children playing in parks.
Policia Local and SEPRONA are now investigating.
The dogs become disorientated and symptoms include violent diarrohea and vomiting.
Dog owners should take their pet to the vet immediately at the first sign of symptoms.
At least three are believed to have been taken to vets in San Pedro this morning.
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25