The industrial herbicide is used to kill insects from the roots of orange trees.
It was found wrapped around meat products that were left in one of the playgrounds in Nueva Andalucia.
It was just one of the substances picked up by lab experts at the local Health ministry.
The town hall said it has not been able to use this type of product ‘for a long time since its use was vetoed.’
The comment came after rumors surfaced that the substance the pets ingested is a pesticide that is still being used by the town hall to treat weeds.
The Policia Nacional and SEPRONA are continuing their investigation and seek to charge suspects with animal abuse, a criminal offence.
The deputy mayor of Nueva Andalucía said that three complaints have been filed for dog deaths and that the town hall has so far counted seven dogs and one cat as fatal victims.
The PSOE says there at least 14 dead dogs and two pets were intoxicated near the Mayor’s Office in Nueva Andalucía.
Detectives first found ‘toxic substances’ at San Pedro’s Eucalyptus Park, as well as Parque la Futura, in Marbella’s La Campana area, almost two weeks ago.
Police closed off both parks after poison was discovered by children’s swings and climbing frames.
Some dogs perished within minutes of coming into contact with the substance and even sniffing it caused death within an hour.
Since then, the Olive Press exclusively revealed that a British expat’s dog was killed in a similar fashion east of Marbella in Bello Horizonte.
The local government is expected to make a further statement on the case.
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40
- FLAG-RANT: Fabian Picardo steps in after American cruise ship infuriates Gibraltar with ‘Welcome to Gibraltor’ message printed on Spanish flag - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:09
- WATCH: Dramatic rescue after two ‘narco boats’ collide off Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 May, 2019 @ 15:29
- Mystery as expat and two Lithuanians found in busted van carrying €1 MILLION CASH en route to Malaga – but NONE of them claim ownership - 15 May, 2019 @ 12:31
- ‘SOMEONE MUST KNOW’: Grandmother of missing British lad who vanished with his father from Spain’s Costa del Sol makes heartfelt appeal - 15 May, 2019 @ 10:45
- BAD FELLAS: Prison guard and 43 others arrested after Cadiz gang teams up with Italian mafia to free cannabis kingpin from Costa del Sol jail - 14 May, 2019 @ 15:54