The industrial herbicide is used to kill insects from the roots of orange trees.
It was found wrapped around meat products that were left in one of the playgrounds in Nueva Andalucia.
It was just one of the substances picked up by lab experts at the local Health ministry.
The town hall said it has not been able to use this type of product ‘for a long time since its use was vetoed.’
The comment came after rumors surfaced that the substance the pets ingested is a pesticide that is still being used by the town hall to treat weeds.
The Policia Nacional and SEPRONA are continuing their investigation and seek to charge suspects with animal abuse, a criminal offence.
The deputy mayor of Nueva Andalucía said that three complaints have been filed for dog deaths and that the town hall has so far counted seven dogs and one cat as fatal victims.
The PSOE says there at least 14 dead dogs and two pets were intoxicated near the Mayor’s Office in Nueva Andalucía.
Detectives first found ‘toxic substances’ at San Pedro’s Eucalyptus Park, as well as Parque la Futura, in Marbella’s La Campana area, almost two weeks ago.
Police closed off both parks after poison was discovered by children’s swings and climbing frames.
Some dogs perished within minutes of coming into contact with the substance and even sniffing it caused death within an hour.
Since then, the Olive Press exclusively revealed that a British expat’s dog was killed in a similar fashion east of Marbella in Bello Horizonte.
The local government is expected to make a further statement on the case.
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23
- Warnings as woman almost DIES in Spain after suffering huge allergic reaction to partner’s sperm in WORLD FIRST - 14 Mar, 2019 @ 17:36