A TWO-YEAR-OLD girl has been found in the mountains with her pet dog after going missing.
Guardia Civil officers found the toddler hidden under a bramble while her dog laid over her to protect her in the mountainous Gil Garci’a area of Avila, south of Madrid.
It came some seven hours after a panicked police call from the young girl’s father at 19:20 yesterday.
The authorities began searching immediately after the father told them how the girl and dog got separated from him during a walk.
Guardia Civil, mountain rescue, Proteccion Civil and many local volunteers were involved in the search.
The discovery of the minor’s footprints on one of the mountain roads, several kilometers from the place of disappearance, gave searchers a clue.
After seven hours of searching the Chief Sergeant of the GREIM Guardia Civil of Avila and members of the SEPRONA heard the grunt of the girl’s pet and located the child huddled and asleep next to a bramble, covered by her dog.
The girl was in good health, except for a few scratches on her body, but she was transferred to the health services as a precaution.
Guardia Civil are probing the incident.
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40