A TWO-YEAR-OLD girl has been found in the mountains with her pet dog after going missing.
Guardia Civil officers found the toddler hidden under a bramble while her dog laid over her to protect her in the mountainous Gil Garci’a area of Avila, south of Madrid.
It came some seven hours after a panicked police call from the young girl’s father at 19:20 yesterday.
The authorities began searching immediately after the father told them how the girl and dog got separated from him during a walk.
Guardia Civil, mountain rescue, Proteccion Civil and many local volunteers were involved in the search.
The discovery of the minor’s footprints on one of the mountain roads, several kilometers from the place of disappearance, gave searchers a clue.
After seven hours of searching the Chief Sergeant of the GREIM Guardia Civil of Avila and members of the SEPRONA heard the grunt of the girl’s pet and located the child huddled and asleep next to a bramble, covered by her dog.
The girl was in good health, except for a few scratches on her body, but she was transferred to the health services as a precaution.
Guardia Civil are probing the incident.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19