A MURDER investigation is underway after a mother-of-two was stabbed to death in Gibraltar last night.
The woman was found in a flat alongside a man in his 40s who also had serious knife wounds.
She was treated at the scene before being rushed to St Bernard’s Hospital.
The unnamed man remains in a critical condition in hospital.
One local resident described the victim, who is said to have grown up in North London, as ‘a lovely girl’.
She told the Olive Press: “She’s a beautiful woman, I can’t beleive it, it’s so sad.”
The Royal Gibraltar Police have said there is no danger to the public and they are not looking for anybody else as they launch their probe.
The police said: “Members of the RGP’s Crime and Protective Services Division have been recalled and a murder investigation has been instigated with a crime scene investigation being conducted at the residence.
“The investigation is being led by a Senior Investigating Officer.”
Police are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
Chief Minister Fabian Picardo, called for people to respect the woman’s family at ‘this tragic time’.
He said: “I urge all to think first of the deceased and the family.
“The harrowing circumstances of this matter are not for social media speculation.”
The last murders in Gibraltar took place in 2015 when a Welsh man slaughtered his young family.
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14