THIS is the sickening moment a group of hikers in Spain pushed a boar off a cliff edge.
Guardia Civil have made a public appeal for information on the group of seven walkers, who taunt the animal with sticks before forcing it to its death.
The vile video was shot on a popular trekking path known as the Cares Trail in Spain’s famous Picos de Europa mountain range inland from the country’s northern coast.
One of the hikers can be heard shouting: “A little more and it will fall.”
Meanwhile his friends can be seen prodding the animal with a stick.
It then plunges to its death, smashing against a huge rock on the way down, before the man adds: “That’s it!”
The group then appear to congratulate themselves on their actions.
The wild boar is thought to have been injured prior to the men coming across it as they were on their mountain walk.
The footage has already been seen by hundreds of thousands of people.
The Civil Guard’s Nature Protection Service Seprona said in a tweet: “Do you know the people who pushed a wild boar off a mountain in the Picos de Europa National Park.
“‘Make sure it doesn’t go unpunished.”
Anyone with information should contact the Guardia Civil.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33