CAMEL milk is becoming the latest food trend as more and more people look to decrease the amount of dairy in their diet.
Just last week, ASDA in the UK announced that it will soon be stocking camel’s milk in selected stores.
The product is supplied by long-life milk brand Camelicious, which is owned by the ruler of Dubai, Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
Milk from the humped mammal is said to be creamy but slightly saltier than traditional European dairy products.
It’s lactose-free, contains no known allergens and has around half the fat of cow’s milk.
Camelicious claims that its milk ‘offers all the proteins, vitamins and carbohydrates required to face the harsh desert life’.
Meanwhile, producers in Spain and Europe Desert Farms says that the components of camel milk have anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties, while some scientists believe it is anti-inflammatory.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33