In cooperation with Italian cops, Policia Nacional picked up the suspect in Benalmadena in a raid last week.
Thought to be a leading member of the Calabrian Mafia, the suspect, referred to only as C.P, is wanted in his home country for international drug trafficking.
Born in Caulonia in 1948, the gangman is facing 24 years behind bars.
He was arrested at pizzeria in Benalmadena on November 21 at 11pm.
Some 12 other associates were also arrested simultaneously in Italy.
The operation started back in 2012.
The boss picked up on the Costa del Sol was part of a criminal organization dedicated to international trafficking of large quantities of hashish and ‘had weapons available.’
It comes after his brother was arrested for the same crime on June 10, 2014, also in Benalmádena.
The brothers remained in touch, and were able to advise and update each other on the business.
The brother arrested last week was also in charge of collecting and distributing the drug money.
The detainee is being held in Madrid before being extradited to Italy.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22