PALMA’S newest language school is one for the books; Treffpunkt is German for meeting point, and the school sure lives up to the name.
The school opened this year and is the unique brainchild of Lisa Göltenboth and Francie Hagedorn with Chusa Alonso heading the Spanish department.
The classrooms are colourful and inviting, each one themed for a different region.
The Berlin room and Munich room both highlight Germany’s cultural variety and importance. The Serra de Tramuntana room is a perfect representation of Mallorca’s greatest natural area. The highlight for many is the garden room, a relaxing section welcoming to all. Grab a practice worksheet or book in any language and snuggle into a big couch with a coffee for all levels of learning in the most comfortable environment.
“Students often come 30 minutes early and hang out in the garden, sit and chat, do some school work, it’s really great to see,” explained Francie.
The entire school is colour coded for masculine, feminine and neutral in both Spanish and German, making it appealing for hands-on and visual learners. It is also they only registered Erasmus language school in Mallorca, offering discounts and specials to members.
The school offers intensive courses and regular lessons in both German and Spanish, the two most important languages for expats working in Mallorca. They also offer customised courses for companies needing staff to expand their language skills.
”It’s important that people connect and know the culture of others,” commented Lisa. “We notice how at home people feel here, it’s relaxed,” she continued.
Small class sizes are an ideal setting for people age 12 and up, with special classes for children age four to six.
Treffpunkt is more than just a language school, organising community events to bring people and languages together.
Whether it’s a Thursday night tapas tasting or a Saturday afternoon hike through the Tramuntana, the community gather for real-world experiences to enhance language skills. Keep up to date on their Facebook page to join the next charity event, beach clean, or coffee night, it’s a great way to see if the school is a fit. facebook.com/TreffpunktEscuelaDeIdiomas
- Sexy gingers who want a trip to Ibiza CLICK HERE - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 16:35
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42