MALAGA city and Marbella are benefitting the most from the property recovery, new figures have shown.
According to Fomento, in Malaga a total of 5,289 homes were sold up to September this year, a 33% on the same period last year.
In Marbella, the figure was 3,196 an 8.2% increase.
While Estepona sold less homes (2,121), its sales increased the most, by 33.4%. In Estepona Meanwhile, Mijas sold 2,097 units, a 13.1% increase while in Benalmádena 1,639 more units (+ 5.1%).
Fuengirola sold 1,388 homes, a 20.9% increase, while Torremolinos sold 1,332, a 3.8% increase.
It is the third consecutive year of strong growth for the Costa.
Some 93.9% of sales were second-hand, as new housing is still scarce.
Foreign buyers also continued to dominate, accounting for 34.4% of sales in Malaga and 67% in Andalucia.
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59