GUARDIA Civil are investigating the death of a brother and sister who were rotting alone in their home for four weeks.
The siblings, who lived in San Javier, Murcia, were found today after a neighbour raised the alarm after not seeing them for over a month.
Police stumbled upon the bodies, which had no signs of violence, while conducting a search of the home on calle Isaac Peral.
The woman, 52, was in a fetal position on the sofa, while the man, 43, was lying on the bed.
Investigators believe the sister suffered from hypoxia from birth, a debilitating disorder which causes deficiency of oxygen in the blood, cells and tissues of the body.
Autopsies are still being performed, but the working theory is that the brother died first in his bed, leaving his sister without care.
Authorities believed she then starved to death.
Cops say the house was filthy and extremely disorganised.
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56