ANCIENT crystal weapons have been unearthed in Spain.
Archaeologists found the glass-like spearheads and arrowheads in a megalithic tomb – a burial ground built thousands of years ago.
The site – Valencia de la Concepci – is believed to have been active between 3,500 and 2,700 BC.
A transparent dagger blade and several other artefacts were also dug up.
Included within the finds was also a number of clothes made of tens of thousands of perforated amber beads.
The rock crystal dagger blade in particular, which was said to be found in the upper level of the structure, was accompanied by a sheath.
This made it an exceptionally sophisticated and valuable object from prehistoric Europe.
The dagger measured 214 mm in length, a 59 mm in width and 13mm thick.
The crystal material has experts stumped, as its origin is not known.
Despite carrying out a thorough analysis, experts were unable to pinpoint the original whereabouts of the material.
This clip was uploaded to YouTube channel Mystery History on Tuesday and has already received almost 70,000 hits.
One comment read: “Our world still holds many mysteries. We are not the most technical generation this world has seen.”
And another added: “This is simply amazing stuff.”
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22