THE father of an eight-year-old boy who was smuggled into Spain from Morocco in a suitcase has escaped a prison sentence.
Ivorian Ali Ouattara was facing a possible prison for facilitating his son’s illegal entry into Spain, however the court gave him a €92 fine after no evidence was found that his son would be trafficked in a suitcase.
Adou, now 10, who now lives with his mother in Paris, told the court that his father had stated the journey to Ceuta would be made by car.
The boy was found in May 2015, when officials at the border crossing stopped a young woman dragging a heavy suitcase and scanned the bag.
Ouattara who is soon to relocate to northern Spain said: “It’s all over and we can begin to resume our lives, together: my wife, my daughter my son and I.”
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00