A SPANIARD has died from carbon monoxide poisoning while staying at a hotel in London.
Marcos Severa, 34, from Mallorca, was poisoned after the toxic gas allegedly leaked into the heating system of the Mayflower hotel in upmarket Kensington.
His roommate Esteban Garcia, 37, from Madrid is currently in a medically induced coma after being rushed to the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
The incident on Friday has been confirmed by Spain’s interior ministry.
The two victims had traveled to the capital to attend a concert on Sunday night and shared a room.
Police have reported that the ‘initial examinations’ carried out at the hotel, which was evacuated and remains cordoned off, showed ‘a high volume of carbon monoxide’, although the investigation ‘has not yet concluded’.
Family members of hospitalized Spanish are already on their way to London, according to sources close to the family.
There may be another 14 victims of poisoning, although they do not know their status.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40