A SPANIARD has died from carbon monoxide poisoning while staying at a hotel in London.
Marcos Severa, 34, from Mallorca, was poisoned after the toxic gas allegedly leaked into the heating system of the Mayflower hotel in upmarket Kensington.
His roommate Esteban Garcia, 37, from Madrid is currently in a medically induced coma after being rushed to the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
The incident on Friday has been confirmed by Spain’s interior ministry.
The two victims had traveled to the capital to attend a concert on Sunday night and shared a room.
Police have reported that the ‘initial examinations’ carried out at the hotel, which was evacuated and remains cordoned off, showed ‘a high volume of carbon monoxide’, although the investigation ‘has not yet concluded’.
Family members of hospitalized Spanish are already on their way to London, according to sources close to the family.
There may be another 14 victims of poisoning, although they do not know their status.
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26