A SPANIARD has died from carbon monoxide poisoning while staying at a hotel in London.
Marcos Severa, 34, from Mallorca, was poisoned after the toxic gas allegedly leaked into the heating system of the Mayflower hotel in upmarket Kensington.
His roommate Esteban Garcia, 37, from Madrid is currently in a medically induced coma after being rushed to the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
The incident on Friday has been confirmed by Spain’s interior ministry.
The two victims had traveled to the capital to attend a concert on Sunday night and shared a room.
Police have reported that the ‘initial examinations’ carried out at the hotel, which was evacuated and remains cordoned off, showed ‘a high volume of carbon monoxide’, although the investigation ‘has not yet concluded’.
Family members of hospitalized Spanish are already on their way to London, according to sources close to the family.
There may be another 14 victims of poisoning, although they do not know their status.
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37