It is a 7.3% increase on 2016 and the second year in a row the country has broken its own record.
According to a report by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, Spain was the seventh-largest exporter of weapons last year.
The EU accounted for 72.6% of Spain’s weapons exports.
Outside the bloc, the country’s biggest client was Saudi Arabia with €270.2 million in sales, a 133% rise from 2016.
The Spanish government blocked four sales last year, including two worth €1.9 million meant for Israel.
Sales to China and another to Myanmar were also blocked.
Germany was Spain’s top client, purchasing €1.2 million worth of weapons.
Other major clients were Britain, France and Turkey.
The bulk of all sales were aircraft assembled at a plant in Sevilla.
The planes account for 79% of Spain’s military exports.
Saudi Arabia topped Egypt as Spain’s number one non-EU client last year, spending €270.2 million on a carrier aircraft, unmanned aircraft, replacement parts, mortar shells and more.
The weapons will likely be used for Saudi Arabia’s assault in Yemen.
Since its operation began there in 2015, orders of Spanish weapons have almost tripled from €34.7 million in 2016 to €90.1 million in 2017.
The Middle-Eastern power has been accused of crimes against humanity in the war.
Amnesty International, Oxfam Intermon and Greenpeace say that there is not enough monitoring of how the weapons sold are used.
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59