Q. How’s it been designing this collection?
A. I’ve absolutely loved designing this collection. Glasses are a big part of my life, day in, day out. I really tried to inject my personality into it – for me that means functional daytime-but-still-fabulous glasses which can transition to a dinner date or an evening show.
Q. What are the key themes for the collection?
A. I built the collection upon three key themes: modern classics, subtle bling and reinvented vintage.
Modern classics is just as it sounds – if it ain’t broke don’t fix it! There are classic shapes like round-eyes that work for most people, so we took those and put my twist on them.
Subtle bling is another part of the collection – I think the crystals worked really well in the first collection because there’s just that surprise element. I think I will probably always have a bit of sparkle in my life somewhere – thank goodness I have a job where I can indulge myself in that a lot. I’ve kept it subtle and wearable, so that it’s not overpowering.
Reinvented vintage is something close to my heart because I have loved vintage since I was a child. I have always been and always will be influenced by classic designers and Hollywood
icons, who wore styles that are still so relevant.
Who is the collection for?
I honestly hope that this new collection appeals to everybody. I don’t know what the fashion rules are – I hate rules, so maybe there are none. I hope that there is a little bit of everything in my collection so that people can choose exactly what they like.
These new styles will be available exclusively at Specsavers Opticas from the 23rd of May. View the collection online at www.specsavers.es or visit your nearest store.
- Eyewear by luxury fashion house Kenzo at Specsavers Opticas on Costa del Sol for limited time only - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 12:00
- Take heed of this eye care advice for World Sight Day - 11 Oct, 2018 @ 15:14
- There’s lots to consider when making the switch to contact lenses - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 10:20
- Kylie Minogue launches new range of eyewear with Specsavers - 25 May, 2018 @ 12:12
- Ask the Optician: For the full spec on eyewear from Marbella specialists - 6 Jan, 2018 @ 15:05
- CHRISTMAS WISH: Support the ONCE fundraising campaign at Specsavers Opticas - 9 Dec, 2017 @ 15:12
- All your questions about contact lenses answered - 21 Aug, 2017 @ 09:34
- Ask the Optician – What is Digital Retinal Photography? - 7 May, 2017 @ 16:00
- The leading cause of severe sight loss for over 55s in the western world - 31 Mar, 2017 @ 21:15
- Specsavers: There is a perfect pair of specs for everyone - 5 Mar, 2017 @ 17:36