CONTACT lenses are perfect for a summer packed full of fun and sport. So, I have put together a few questions and answers to help those thinking of using contact lenses for the first time.
Q: I have relied on glasses for years and want to try contact lenses, what do you recommend?
A: I would recommend soft contact lenses, as they are very pliable therefore easy to get used to and comfortable to wear. They cannot be dislodged easily from the eye and they give excellent all round vision.
Q: What different types are available?
A: There are a number of options to choose from;
• Daily disposable lenses which you throw away every day and replace with a new pair
• Monthly disposable lenses which last a month but need to be cleaned and stored in solution over-night
• All day-all night lenses which you can sleep in during the night
Which ones are best for you depend on your lifestyle and preferences, so check with your optician.
Q. What are the best contact lenses for people who play sport?
A. It depends on the type of sport and your lifestyle, but it’s worth bearing the following in mind:
• Soft lenses tend to stay put better than gas-permeable lenses or spectacles, which is important when you’re moving around a lot
• Playing squash is particularly dangerous to the eyes as the ball is just the right size to fit into the orbit (the bony depression in the skull where your eye is positioned) so you will need protective eyewear over your contact lenses
• Contact lenses aren’t ideal for swimming as they can become dislodged. If you swim a lot, it’s worth investing in prescription swimming goggles
SpecsaversOpticas have just launched their new easyvisionaquiane daily disposable lenses. These innovative silicone hydrogel lenses were made with comfort in mind, providing everyday value, convenience and health benefits for just 16,50€ for a box of 30 lenses.For more information and to find your nearest store visit www.specsavers.es
- Take heed of this eye care advice for World Sight Day - 11 Oct, 2018 @ 15:14
- There’s lots to consider when making the switch to contact lenses - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 10:20
- Kylie Minogue launches new range of eyewear with Specsavers - 25 May, 2018 @ 12:12
- Ask the Optician: For the full spec on eyewear from Marbella specialists - 6 Jan, 2018 @ 15:05
- CHRISTMAS WISH: Support the ONCE fundraising campaign at Specsavers Opticas - 9 Dec, 2017 @ 15:12
- All your questions about contact lenses answered - 21 Aug, 2017 @ 09:34
- Ask the Optician – What is Digital Retinal Photography? - 7 May, 2017 @ 16:00
- The leading cause of severe sight loss for over 55s in the western world - 31 Mar, 2017 @ 21:15
- Specsavers: There is a perfect pair of specs for everyone - 5 Mar, 2017 @ 17:36
- A simple eye test can uncover a host of underlying diseases - 8 Feb, 2017 @ 15:30