SPANISH police have warned drivers about the dangers of performing a new viral dance challenge which could result in criminal charges.
#InMyFeelings or #DoTheShiggy is the global challenge that has sent social media users into a frenzy worldwide, but many are taking it to the extreme of jumping out of moving cars to do the routine.
It comes after US Instagram comedian, Shiggy posted a comical video on the social media platform dancing in the street to Canadian rapper Drake’s latest hit tune, ‘In My Feelings’, while friends film him from inside a parked car.
Thousands have followed suit and shared fun videos copying the dance moves, including celebrities such as Real Madrid’s Marcelo Vieira, Will Smith and Kevin Hart.
But police across Spain are not seeing the funny side of the craze and have warned that it has gone too far.
The Direccion General de Trafico warning that the challenge could result in ‘at the very least a sanction’.
“We love that you dance and you have fun doing so but don’t put your safety at risk,” it added.
¿Conoces el último reto viral #inmyfeelingschallenge? Consiste en bailar????mientras el coche está en marcha, colgarlo en redes y exponerte, como mínimo, a una sanción ?????????????.
— Dir. Gral. Tráfico (@DGTes) July 23, 2018
Catalunya’s police force Mossos d’Esquadra have also warned that the challenge breaks traffic laws and could end in ‘criminal charges’.
? Fer un repte com #InMyFeelingsChallenge pot acabar en denúncia
? Gravar amb el mòbil mentre condueixes
? Conduir sense parar atenció
? Descordar-se el cinturó en circulació
? Posar en perill a tercers
? La seguretat viària NO és cap joc pic.twitter.com/iJjKQ4d1fq
— Mossos (@mossos) July 20, 2018
Madrid’s Policia de Boadilla urged dancers to do the challenge, if they must, with the car parked.
While many Twitter users agreed and slammed the challenge as ‘stupid’, one has called for officials to perform a safe version of the dance and post it online.
We wait with baited breath…
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03