A 101 cats have been rescued from a Malaga home.
The feline haul came following complaints from neighbours of a ‘foul smell’ and ‘endless howling’ at night.
Grupona agents raided the home just north of the city to find dozens of cats crammed into a courtyard of 12sqm.
The house had been divided into two, with the owner, 37, saying he thought he only had around 45 pets.
The dweller said he began housing cats which started breeding but he felt too bad to get rid of them, adding that things had ‘gotten out of hand’.
Police said the dweller was likely suffering from Noah Syndrome, which burdens sufferers with a need to horde animals.
The cats had to be removed in three separate rescue missions, with all 101 being taken to the Zoosanitary Centre.
A police investigation is underway given the poor treatment of the felines.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29