A 101 cats have been rescued from a Malaga home.
The feline haul came following complaints from neighbours of a ‘foul smell’ and ‘endless howling’ at night.
Grupona agents raided the home just north of the city to find dozens of cats crammed into a courtyard of 12sqm.
The house had been divided into two, with the owner, 37, saying he thought he only had around 45 pets.
The dweller said he began housing cats which started breeding but he felt too bad to get rid of them, adding that things had ‘gotten out of hand’.
Police said the dweller was likely suffering from Noah Syndrome, which burdens sufferers with a need to horde animals.
The cats had to be removed in three separate rescue missions, with all 101 being taken to the Zoosanitary Centre.
A police investigation is underway given the poor treatment of the felines.
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52