A 101 cats have been rescued from a Malaga home.
The feline haul came following complaints from neighbours of a ‘foul smell’ and ‘endless howling’ at night.
Grupona agents raided the home just north of the city to find dozens of cats crammed into a courtyard of 12sqm.
The house had been divided into two, with the owner, 37, saying he thought he only had around 45 pets.
The dweller said he began housing cats which started breeding but he felt too bad to get rid of them, adding that things had ‘gotten out of hand’.
Police said the dweller was likely suffering from Noah Syndrome, which burdens sufferers with a need to horde animals.
The cats had to be removed in three separate rescue missions, with all 101 being taken to the Zoosanitary Centre.
A police investigation is underway given the poor treatment of the felines.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26