In the early 2000s, accessorizing sports outfits with jewelry considered to be a sign of bad taste. Today, fashion tendencies allow us to be sporty and stylish at the same time. Evert person can afford to add a touch of high fashion to cozy sweatshirts, pants, and sneakers and sport them with a pleasant hedonistic sense of love for him- or herself. Why were we so afraid of this combination before? Probably, we had been in captivity of prejudices: athletic clothes are worn to a gym, jogging or cycling, and jewelry only hinders physical activity. Right now, when sports style outfits are worn even in theaters, it’s time to relax strict restrictions and take a closer look at sports jewelry.
Why Should We Accessorize?
It would seem that it is enough to put on a sports jersey, sneakers and baggy pants and you immediately look sporty. However, each person strives to create a complete image. Therefore, to achieve a stunning result, you should add appropriate ornaments to your athletic clothing. It turns out that accessories can also bear sports flair. The main thing is to pick up pieces that are comfortable and practical.
When we talk about sportswear, its main characteristics are comfort, bright colors, and a relaxed attitude. It is similar to casual style, however, it features some sports elements, rather than elegant and feminine ones. Sports jewelry inherited these qualities, too.
Features of Sport Jewelry
In contrast to heavyweight casual or silver biker jewelry, sports ornaments most often are made of fabric, plastic, and rubber. Such items are usually vibrant and dynamic in their style and color. They are designed to charge people with energy and do not interfere with their activities in a gym.
Sports style jewelry pieces are normally minimalistic, fit tightly to the body, and rarely feature metal elements. You will probably agree that nobody wants to jingle with metal chains, pendants or suspensions while working out. As for earrings, the most common models are studs and small hoops. Bracelets are usually made from a rope or elastic fabric that fits snugly against the wrist. Neck ornaments often feature lace instead of chains.
Every person for whom sports is a lifestyle should consider purchasing a fitness bracelet such as Power Balance or a smart watch. These helpful devices feature built-in sensors that keep track of your activity during the day, including the number of steps you made, pulse, duration of sleep, burned calories, etc. Not only do fitness bracelets help to monitor your health but also they are a stylish accessory. Such a bracelet can be (and should be!) worn everywhere and all the time. They will become an element of your style telling people that you take care of yourself and your body.
If you are not a fan of flashy jewelry, you can pick up a thin and discreet pendant or a bracelet. You have to remember that sports ornaments are not pretentious. This means that they should not strike the eye. Your original clothes and individual style will help you to stand out.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05