A BRITISH gangster slayed in a shoot-out in Estepona has been identified.
Sean Hercules – who goes by the name Shacker – from Leeds, was shot dead by police after he pulled out a gun outside his hotel in Cancelada.
The 39-year-old crook, who had convictions for drug trafficking and firearms offences, fired at police as they came to arrest him at the Autosole Aparthotel at 5pm on Monday.
The father of at least one daughter, who was convicted for nine years but served four for a post office robbery, was shot down on the pavement with another two guns and four cartridges in his pockets.
Another two guns were reportedly found in his bedroom.
Police had spent two hours urgently searching for the criminal, after he was seen fleeing a traffic accident armed in Puerto Banus earlier in the day.
Eventually he was spotted acting suspiciously and followed back to his hotel by a routine patrol.
He was declared dead at the scene and his body was not removed until a judge arrived at 7pm.
“Officers came under fire when they went to arrest him and were obliged to use their weapons to repel the attack, resulting in death,” said a spokesman for the Policia Nacional.
“Two firearms and four cartridges were found next to the British man,” he added.
The incident is currently under investigation.
Hercules previously faced a charge of attempted murder in the UK after leaving a man with more than 250 gunshot pellets in his body.
He pleaded guilty to wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life and possessing a prohibited weapon.
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03