#Málaga. Y llega el agua y se lleva el muro de los Baños Árabes de #Ronda Enviado por Fran Casta
Geplaatst door Málaga con acento op Zondag 21 oktober 2018
SHOCKING images show the Roman bridge of Ronda almost taken out as the walls of the 14th century baños árabes collapse along with half a dozen 50-year-old trees.
The cypress trees are dragged helplessly into the biblical torrent of water which almost swamped the ancient Roman bridge that spans the historic Ronda tajo, near the famous new bridge.
The historic bridge and next door Arabic baths were nearly destroyed as the Rio Guadalevin river burst its banks after 200-300 litres of rain per square metre fell in just five hours.
The Spanish weather agency AEMET has kept the whole of Malaga province on red alert meaning severe risk.
In Malaga one person has already died and others are being airlifted to safety, as people are trapped in their homes.
More to follow…
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25
- British chef Jamie Oliver opens NEW restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:05
- Financial specialist Blacktower is continuing to make inroads in Spain, offering excellent advice to expats of all nationalities - 15 May, 2019 @ 13:13
- ‘SERIOUS CONCERN’: Huge rise in murders and assassinations on Costa del Sol, public prosecutor says - 15 May, 2019 @ 11:37
- Liverpool back in Marbella for seven-day training camp ahead of Champions League final with Tottenham in Madrid - 14 May, 2019 @ 18:02