SPAIN’S weather agency AEMET has warned of plummeting temperatures, rain and SNOW.
The bleak outlook is forecast from Friday onwards as a ‘mass of very cold air’ is due to enter the Iberian peninsula from the north.
Experts are predicting a ‘significant drop in temperatures’ which will hit the north on Friday and ‘will affect nearly all of Spain’ by Saturday.
The mercury could fall by between eight and 10 degrees Celsius in the northern half of the country.
The east will feel the effects mostly on Sunday with temperatures falling four to five degrees.
The likes of Marbella on the Costa del Sol are set for lows of 11C on Saturday and 10C on Sunday, with highs of 19C and 15C respectively.
Temperatures in Galicia could drop to as low as 6C on Saturday.
AEMET is forecasting rain on Friday in the north, extending to the rest of Spain and Portugal on Saturday.
There is also a chance of snow in mountain areas, at elevations of around 1,200 meters above sea level.
Strong winds will increase the feeling of cold in the Ebro valley, Catalunya and the Balearic Islands.
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19
- Iconic restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol divides opinion over sign declaring it ‘Spanish, Catholic and rightwing’ - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 16:54