SPAIN’S weather agency AEMET has warned of plummeting temperatures, rain and SNOW.
The bleak outlook is forecast from Friday onwards as a ‘mass of very cold air’ is due to enter the Iberian peninsula from the north.
Experts are predicting a ‘significant drop in temperatures’ which will hit the north on Friday and ‘will affect nearly all of Spain’ by Saturday.
The mercury could fall by between eight and 10 degrees Celsius in the northern half of the country.
The east will feel the effects mostly on Sunday with temperatures falling four to five degrees.
The likes of Marbella on the Costa del Sol are set for lows of 11C on Saturday and 10C on Sunday, with highs of 19C and 15C respectively.
Temperatures in Galicia could drop to as low as 6C on Saturday.
AEMET is forecasting rain on Friday in the north, extending to the rest of Spain and Portugal on Saturday.
There is also a chance of snow in mountain areas, at elevations of around 1,200 meters above sea level.
Strong winds will increase the feeling of cold in the Ebro valley, Catalunya and the Balearic Islands.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40