SPAIN’S weather agency AEMET has warned of plummeting temperatures, rain and SNOW.
The bleak outlook is forecast from Friday onwards as a ‘mass of very cold air’ is due to enter the Iberian peninsula from the north.
Experts are predicting a ‘significant drop in temperatures’ which will hit the north on Friday and ‘will affect nearly all of Spain’ by Saturday.
The mercury could fall by between eight and 10 degrees Celsius in the northern half of the country.
The east will feel the effects mostly on Sunday with temperatures falling four to five degrees.
The likes of Marbella on the Costa del Sol are set for lows of 11C on Saturday and 10C on Sunday, with highs of 19C and 15C respectively.
Temperatures in Galicia could drop to as low as 6C on Saturday.
AEMET is forecasting rain on Friday in the north, extending to the rest of Spain and Portugal on Saturday.
There is also a chance of snow in mountain areas, at elevations of around 1,200 meters above sea level.
Strong winds will increase the feeling of cold in the Ebro valley, Catalunya and the Balearic Islands.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20