A TORNADO ravaged Menorca yesterday, leaving 38,000 people without power, as Spain saw temperatures plummet by 10°C.
Over 50 trees and poles collapsed on the island, leaving almost all residents without power for at least 24 hours.
At least 70 portable electricity generation units have been shipped in from Barcleona and Valencia to deal with the chaos caused by yet more bad weather for the Balearics, as the islands are still recovering from the floods, which killed 13 people.
Spain’s freak weather has also led to the disappearance of two hikers in the Pyrenees and Asturias, as the first snow of the year fell over the weekend, including in Andalucia.
An Arctic mass of wind entered the peninsula on Friday and the resultant snow has also caused huge disruptions to trains, as well as power outages in the north of the country.
Andalucia got its first taste of winter on Sunday as snow fell in the Sierra Bermeja area, with the drastically reduced temperatures expected to last until Wednesday.
The Balearic Islands remain on yellow alert, as do Almeria and Granada, while AEMET, Spain’s weather agency has issued an orange warning to parts of northeastern Spain.
- Death of British teen in Spain who was third to die at same apartment block ‘could have been prevented’ - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- OH MY GOGH: Gun Van Gogh ‘killed himself with’ to be auctioned off while southern Spain tour of his work continues - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 12:30
- CASTING CALL: Netflix needs male and female extras in Spain’s Andalucia for new drama series - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 10:57
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00