Abortada en #Málaga la instalación de uno de los mayores laboratorios de drogas de síntesis en #España. Han sido intervenidos 14.500 litros de productos químicos para elaborar más de 1.000kg de anfetamina y MDMA.
Más info. aquí?https://t.co/CKLm0BugWD pic.twitter.com/Yka7QSStwS
— Policía Nacional (@policia) October 29, 2018
SPAIN’S National Police have arrested 16 people following an 18-month investigation and have seized 14,500 litres of chemical products needed to manufacture drugs.
Officers located and dismantled ‘one of the largest synthetic drug laboratories in Spain’ as they seized the chemicals, which could have been used to process more than 1,000 kg of amphetamine and MDMA.
The revealing police footage shows officers intercepting chemical products and the various paraphernalia used to synthesise drugs, including tanks, cooking units and even recipes with scientific diagrams.
Police described their find as ‘a laboratory for the large-scale use of synthetic drugs’ and it comes just days after Police in Malaga also discovered six tonnes of cocaine disguised amongst bananas.
This latest investigation also seized 90kg of marijuana in France, 145 kg of marijuana and 261 kg of hashish in the United Kingdom and 199 kg of marijuana in Spain.
The drug and infrastructure haul comes after police began their investigations in May last year, working in collaboration with the Tax Agency, the UK’s National Crime Agency and the French Police Nationale.
- DEATH CHEAT: 79-year-old in Gibraltar swims to shore after boat capsizes in dramatic survival feat - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 12:33
- Woman in Spain dies and 18 others sick after eating mushrooms at Michelin-starred restaurant - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:48
- Spain-Morocco railway tunnel talks underway government says - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:01
- WATCH: Dead sheep mysteriously washes up on Gibraltar beach (WARNING: distressing images) - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 18:41
- WATCH: Police in Spain ‘fire rubber bullets’ at Scottish football fans after Benidorm bar ‘torched’ and man arrested for crystal meth - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:08
- Vandalised Malaga cultural centre has CCTV installed in police crackdown on graffiti - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:41
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17