THREE men and two women have been arrested in Vicar, Almeria for running a prostitution ring that held 22 women against their will.
Police freed the prostitutes, who were from Guinea-Bissau, Colombia, Honduras and Nigeria, as part of ‘Operation Cacique’, an investigation into a sex trafficking gang.
The sex workers were forced to prostitute themselves for €10 per 10 minutes on small, dirty camp beds all in the same room.
Police also found that voodoo or black magic was used to intimidate the women if they refused to have sex and that their captors would also fine them €50.
The women were locked overnight in the room where they were forced to have sex, and would be let out each morning by one of their captors.
The investigation began 12 days ago when UCRIF agents, who deal with human trafficking, were called for.
Authorities were tipped off by a woman who was accosted by a Barcelona member of the gang, while she was looking at some posters trying to find a job.
She was transported by the gang to the town of Vicar, where she was falsely promised work in the hospitality industry.
Her story was corroborated by four other women who had similar experiences.
All five of the gang stand accused of: being part of a criminal gang, trafficking human beings for sexual exploitation and crimes related to prostitution.
A judge at the court of the Magistrate’s Court of Instruction in Almeria has sent four of the them to prison already.
- DEATH CHEAT: 79-year-old in Gibraltar swims to shore after boat capsizes in dramatic survival feat - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 12:33
- Woman in Spain dies and 18 others sick after eating mushrooms at Michelin-starred restaurant - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:48
- Spain-Morocco railway tunnel talks underway government says - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:01
- WATCH: Dead sheep mysteriously washes up on Gibraltar beach (WARNING: distressing images) - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 18:41
- WATCH: Police in Spain ‘fire rubber bullets’ at Scottish football fans after Benidorm bar ‘torched’ and man arrested for crystal meth - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:08
- Vandalised Malaga cultural centre has CCTV installed in police crackdown on graffiti - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:41
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17