THREE men and two women have been arrested in Vicar, Almeria for running a prostitution ring that held 22 women against their will.
Police freed the prostitutes, who were from Guinea-Bissau, Colombia, Honduras and Nigeria, as part of ‘Operation Cacique’, an investigation into a sex trafficking gang.
The sex workers were forced to prostitute themselves for €10 per 10 minutes on small, dirty camp beds all in the same room.
Police also found that voodoo or black magic was used to intimidate the women if they refused to have sex and that their captors would also fine them €50.
The women were locked overnight in the room where they were forced to have sex, and would be let out each morning by one of their captors.
The investigation began 12 days ago when UCRIF agents, who deal with human trafficking, were called for.
Authorities were tipped off by a woman who was accosted by a Barcelona member of the gang, while she was looking at some posters trying to find a job.
She was transported by the gang to the town of Vicar, where she was falsely promised work in the hospitality industry.
Her story was corroborated by four other women who had similar experiences.
All five of the gang stand accused of: being part of a criminal gang, trafficking human beings for sexual exploitation and crimes related to prostitution.
A judge at the court of the Magistrate’s Court of Instruction in Almeria has sent four of the them to prison already.
- Man arrested after threatening woman with machine gun, pistol and bow and arrow in Spain’s Andalucia - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 11:37
- Spain dominates World’s Best 50 Restaurants list with three Spanish kitchens in top 10 - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 10:56
- Spandau Ballet’s Steve Norman holds meet and greet for fans in Spain’s Andalucia THIS WEEKEND - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 08:48
- WATCH: Spain’s Women’s World Cup dreams end as two penalties hand USA 2-1 victory in France - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 12:32
- This is the ONLY beach in Spain included in the world top 10 - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 11:15
- Two men arrested over sexual assault of young woman who was enjoying Costa del Sol San Juan celebrations - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 08:59
- Costa del Sol to see 10% increase in employment this summer compared to 2018 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 14:09
- Bin torching epidemic continues in Spain’s Mallorca as police arrest ANOTHER arsonist while damage totals €370,000 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 13:07
- ‘Heartbroken’ family pay tribute to Irish dad stabbed to death with broken bottles in Costa del Sol pub - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:02
- Spanish golfers Garcia and Rahm joined by wealth of British stars at Andalucia Masters on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 10:30