SPAIN’S leading animal rights group has berated the ‘dark world’ of private hunts, where children as young as 10 have their faces smeared with blood.
PACMA’s issue is with the practice of painting children’s faces with the blood of their first kill.
Many of Spain’s autonomous communities take part in the tradition of hunting small mammals, and while some regions prohibit such activity, most are legal.
The group’s president, Silvia Barquero said: “It seems terrible to educate children in violence and introduce them from a young age into this dark world.
“I would never teach my children to act with violence and to kill animals, because it is completely contrary to educational values and moral progress.”
It comes as a 13-year-old boy was accidentally shot dead on a hunt in Valladolid in October and this month dogs were videoed falling off a cliff while on a hunt.
Barquero is particularly shocked by the social media groups – such as Facebook’s Rehalas Finca Soriana – that share pictures of the bloody traditions involving children.
“What kind of society are we building when we allow children to participate in animal abuse?” he said.
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59