SPAIN’S leading animal rights group has berated the ‘dark world’ of private hunts, where children as young as 10 have their faces smeared with blood.
PACMA’s issue is with the practice of painting children’s faces with the blood of their first kill.
Many of Spain’s autonomous communities take part in the tradition of hunting small mammals, and while some regions prohibit such activity, most are legal.
The group’s president, Silvia Barquero said: “It seems terrible to educate children in violence and introduce them from a young age into this dark world.
“I would never teach my children to act with violence and to kill animals, because it is completely contrary to educational values and moral progress.”
It comes as a 13-year-old boy was accidentally shot dead on a hunt in Valladolid in October and this month dogs were videoed falling off a cliff while on a hunt.
Barquero is particularly shocked by the social media groups – such as Facebook’s Rehalas Finca Soriana – that share pictures of the bloody traditions involving children.
“What kind of society are we building when we allow children to participate in animal abuse?” he said.
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- ‘NEVER SEEN BEFORE’: Gibraltar police amazed at attempt by three men to smuggle 1.5 tonnes of hash worth £6 million - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- Mum on holiday in Spain kills only son by accidentally running him over in car park - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:40
- REVEALED: Two NEW skyscrapers will be tallest on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 12:48
- Pensioner holidaying on Costa del Sol drowns in front of his wife - 6 Jun, 2019 @ 11:01
- ‘Widespread’ increase in ocean plastic on Costa del Sol with ‘strikingly’ high microplastic levels in Malaga - 6 Jun, 2019 @ 10:27
- Costa del Sol toll charges to be scrapped THIS YEAR - 5 Jun, 2019 @ 18:58