A CUBAN hot dog seller in the Canary Islands has been sentenced to eight years in prison after he stabbed his customer to death in the street.
A Las Palmas court heard how the fast food vendor, known as Adriel, 29, took a knife hidden in a bag and stabbed his victim, referred to as AS in the liver.
The murder happened on the night of 12 April in 2017, two days after the victim’s son had argued with Adriel about food hygiene.
After the initial confrontation Adriel was admitted to hospital with a nervous breakdown, but he then escaped to find AS at his home.
The pair then fought viciously, culminating in the stabbing of AS later that night in front of his wife and son, as they made their way to the police station to denounce the man.
The sentencing gave €328,000 to the victim’s family, including his son, brothers and wife after they witnessed the traumatic incident.
It was heard that Adriel suffers from a neurocognitive disorder, leading the judge to rule that he must first serve eight years in a psychiatric detention centre before prison.
His time in the mental facility will however be deducted from his time served in prison.
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- ‘NEVER SEEN BEFORE’: Gibraltar police amazed at attempt by three men to smuggle 1.5 tonnes of hash worth £6 million - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- Mum on holiday in Spain kills only son by accidentally running him over in car park - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:40
- REVEALED: Two NEW skyscrapers will be tallest on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 12:48
- Pensioner holidaying on Costa del Sol drowns in front of his wife - 6 Jun, 2019 @ 11:01
- ‘Widespread’ increase in ocean plastic on Costa del Sol with ‘strikingly’ high microplastic levels in Malaga - 6 Jun, 2019 @ 10:27
- Costa del Sol toll charges to be scrapped THIS YEAR - 5 Jun, 2019 @ 18:58
- Spain’s Supreme Court blocks reburial of General Franco just days before body due to be dug up - 5 Jun, 2019 @ 17:49