A CUBAN hot dog seller in the Canary Islands has been sentenced to eight years in prison after he stabbed his customer to death in the street.
A Las Palmas court heard how the fast food vendor, known as Adriel, 29, took a knife hidden in a bag and stabbed his victim, referred to as AS in the liver.
The murder happened on the night of 12 April in 2017, two days after the victim’s son had argued with Adriel about food hygiene.
After the initial confrontation Adriel was admitted to hospital with a nervous breakdown, but he then escaped to find AS at his home.
The pair then fought viciously, culminating in the stabbing of AS later that night in front of his wife and son, as they made their way to the police station to denounce the man.
The sentencing gave €328,000 to the victim’s family, including his son, brothers and wife after they witnessed the traumatic incident.
It was heard that Adriel suffers from a neurocognitive disorder, leading the judge to rule that he must first serve eight years in a psychiatric detention centre before prison.
His time in the mental facility will however be deducted from his time served in prison.
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59
- CATALUNYA CRISIS: ‘I am a political prisoner’ says Catalan leader as 12 separatists go on trial in Spain - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 20:48
- ‘I MISS MY BROTHER’: Sister of British expat filmmaker in Spain speaks out after balcony horror plunge puts him in coma - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 18:42