ANDALUCIA is among the top 20 most sought-after travel destinations in the world for Airbnb customers.
According to the property portal, Spain’s southernmost region was one of the most searched or reserved destinations this year, as well as one of the most popular additions to travellers’ wish lists.
Its 18th place ranking represents a 100% increase in its popularity in just one year.
According to Airbnb, trending locations are more likely to boast sustainable and authentic tourism models which ‘equally benefit locals and travellers’.
The good news comes as Malaga was declared the second-most resilient province to ‘seasonality’ in Spain following huge investments in inland tourism, year-round projects and unique offerings like the Caminito del Rey.
“More and more people are looking to Andalucia, with the number of people adding it to their wish list doubling,” Airbnb said, noting that Granada, Cordoba and Sevilla are the ‘crown jewels’ in its collection.
“It is a destination loved globally for its incredible architecture: the set of the Real Alcazar de Sevilla, the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba, the Alhambra of Granada and more,” the company added.
“However those travellers who want a unique journey filled with authenticity can follow the route of the white villages (like Ronda, Vejer and Gaucin) or marvel at the beauty of locations like Malaga’s Frigiliana, whose Moorish neighbourhood will delight lovers of history.”
The most sought-after destination on Airbnb’s list was the coastal resort of Kaikoura on South Island, New Zealand, with a 295% surge in bookings year-on-year, followed by the desert island of Xiamen in China, which had a 282% increase.
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- British tourists’ spending up in first quarter of 2019 with Andalucia the main destination for UK holidaymakers - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 09:25