ANDALUCIA is among the top 20 most sought-after travel destinations in the world for Airbnb customers.
According to the property portal, Spain’s southernmost region was one of the most searched or reserved destinations this year, as well as one of the most popular additions to travellers’ wish lists.
Its 18th place ranking represents a 100% increase in its popularity in just one year.
According to Airbnb, trending locations are more likely to boast sustainable and authentic tourism models which ‘equally benefit locals and travellers’.
The good news comes as Malaga was declared the second-most resilient province to ‘seasonality’ in Spain following huge investments in inland tourism, year-round projects and unique offerings like the Caminito del Rey.
“More and more people are looking to Andalucia, with the number of people adding it to their wish list doubling,” Airbnb said, noting that Granada, Cordoba and Sevilla are the ‘crown jewels’ in its collection.
“It is a destination loved globally for its incredible architecture: the set of the Real Alcazar de Sevilla, the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba, the Alhambra of Granada and more,” the company added.
“However those travellers who want a unique journey filled with authenticity can follow the route of the white villages (like Ronda, Vejer and Gaucin) or marvel at the beauty of locations like Malaga’s Frigiliana, whose Moorish neighbourhood will delight lovers of history.”
The most sought-after destination on Airbnb’s list was the coastal resort of Kaikoura on South Island, New Zealand, with a 295% surge in bookings year-on-year, followed by the desert island of Xiamen in China, which had a 282% increase.
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23