A BRITISH mum is ‘running out of options’ in trying to reach Spain for her father’s funeral.
Audrey Garland, 48, is desperately trying to find a way to Calp, based between Murcia and Valencia, with her brother.
It comes after their flight was cancelled in the ongoing drone fiasco at London Gatwick airport.
The accountant, from near Heathrow, told the Olive Press that ‘panic is setting in’ as it seems there are ‘absolutely no flights’ left with seats filling up fast.
Audrey, whose father passed away yesterday, has had to move the funeral back to Saturday but is still struggling to find a route.
“We are trying to do everything we can.
“My mum is beside herself, he has just passed away so obviously she really needs us there.”
The brother and sister were supposed to catch the 11:10 British Airway flight from London Gatwick to Alicante this morning.
“We were on the way to the airport when we found out it was cancelled.”
Audrey said the airline had ‘poorly handled’ her sensitive case.
“I was on the phone for over an hour but they told me they could only fly us to Manchester, then to Madrid and then to Alicante, but even then they couldn’t get us a place on all three flights.
“We are looking at the Eurostar but driving in our current states of mind would be a nightmare.
“We just want a flight, if anyone can help us please let us know we just need to get there.”
— Rob Threadgold (@RobTThreadgold) December 20, 2018
It comes as police are STILL trying to find the culprits behind the flying menaces which have kept Gatwick closed for the entire day.
British prime minister Theresa May’s spokesman has called the debacle ‘irresponsible and completely unacceptable’.
He added: “These drones have been flown illegally and the law couldn’t be clearer that those found endangering aircraft could face up to five years in jail.
“We are in close contact with Gatwick Airport as they work with police to safely resolve the situation as quickly as possible.”
Meanwhile helicopters have been seen circling the airport while extra staff have been called in to Gatwick to help look after thousands of stranded passengers.
Can you help Audrey get to Spain? Have you been affected by the cancellations? Email [email protected]
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14