A BRITISH mum is ‘running out of options’ in trying to reach Spain for her father’s funeral.
Audrey Garland, 48, is desperately trying to find a way to Calp, based between Murcia and Valencia, with her brother.
It comes after their flight was cancelled in the ongoing drone fiasco at London Gatwick airport.
The accountant, from near Heathrow, told the Olive Press that ‘panic is setting in’ as it seems there are ‘absolutely no flights’ left with seats filling up fast.
Audrey, whose father passed away yesterday, has had to move the funeral back to Saturday but is still struggling to find a route.
“We are trying to do everything we can.
“My mum is beside herself, he has just passed away so obviously she really needs us there.”
The brother and sister were supposed to catch the 11:10 British Airway flight from London Gatwick to Alicante this morning.
“We were on the way to the airport when we found out it was cancelled.”
Audrey said the airline had ‘poorly handled’ her sensitive case.
“I was on the phone for over an hour but they told me they could only fly us to Manchester, then to Madrid and then to Alicante, but even then they couldn’t get us a place on all three flights.
“We are looking at the Eurostar but driving in our current states of mind would be a nightmare.
“We just want a flight, if anyone can help us please let us know we just need to get there.”
— Rob Threadgold (@RobTThreadgold) December 20, 2018
It comes as police are STILL trying to find the culprits behind the flying menaces which have kept Gatwick closed for the entire day.
British prime minister Theresa May’s spokesman has called the debacle ‘irresponsible and completely unacceptable’.
He added: “These drones have been flown illegally and the law couldn’t be clearer that those found endangering aircraft could face up to five years in jail.
“We are in close contact with Gatwick Airport as they work with police to safely resolve the situation as quickly as possible.”
Meanwhile helicopters have been seen circling the airport while extra staff have been called in to Gatwick to help look after thousands of stranded passengers.
Can you help Audrey get to Spain? Have you been affected by the cancellations? Email [email protected]
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29