A ROW over extreme-right party Vox could allow the PSOE and Susana Diaz to stay in power in Andalucia.
It comes as Ciudadanos and the Partido Popular failed to reach an agreement to pact despite collectively picking up more seats than the Socialists in the December 2 snap election.
Their fall out comes as centre-right Ciudadanos is refusing to join any coalition that would include Vox, which stormed Andalucia with 11% of the vote.
In contrast the PP party is happy to include the 12 elected members of Vox, as it means an overall majority for a right wing coalition.
The lack of progress means it is unlikely there will be an agreement by the December 27 deadline, when the government must decide its president, vice president and all other ministerial positions.
The Socialist deputy leader, María Jesús Serrano, confirmed the PSOE has yet to throw in the towel and confirmed the party was negotiating with other parties to stay in power.
It comes after the party, still under the leadership of embattled Susana Diaz, said it would vote down a Ciudadanos-PP minority government.
If there is no agreement by December 27, the deadline will be pushed back by two months.
And if there is still no deal made, another election will be called.
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14