A ROW over extreme-right party Vox could allow the PSOE and Susana Diaz to stay in power in Andalucia.
It comes as Ciudadanos and the Partido Popular failed to reach an agreement to pact despite collectively picking up more seats than the Socialists in the December 2 snap election.
Their fall out comes as centre-right Ciudadanos is refusing to join any coalition that would include Vox, which stormed Andalucia with 11% of the vote.
In contrast the PP party is happy to include the 12 elected members of Vox, as it means an overall majority for a right wing coalition.
The lack of progress means it is unlikely there will be an agreement by the December 27 deadline, when the government must decide its president, vice president and all other ministerial positions.
The Socialist deputy leader, María Jesús Serrano, confirmed the PSOE has yet to throw in the towel and confirmed the party was negotiating with other parties to stay in power.
It comes after the party, still under the leadership of embattled Susana Diaz, said it would vote down a Ciudadanos-PP minority government.
If there is no agreement by December 27, the deadline will be pushed back by two months.
And if there is still no deal made, another election will be called.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20