A ROW over extreme-right party Vox could allow the PSOE and Susana Diaz to stay in power in Andalucia.
It comes as Ciudadanos and the Partido Popular failed to reach an agreement to pact despite collectively picking up more seats than the Socialists in the December 2 snap election.
Their fall out comes as centre-right Ciudadanos is refusing to join any coalition that would include Vox, which stormed Andalucia with 11% of the vote.
In contrast the PP party is happy to include the 12 elected members of Vox, as it means an overall majority for a right wing coalition.
The lack of progress means it is unlikely there will be an agreement by the December 27 deadline, when the government must decide its president, vice president and all other ministerial positions.
The Socialist deputy leader, María Jesús Serrano, confirmed the PSOE has yet to throw in the towel and confirmed the party was negotiating with other parties to stay in power.
It comes after the party, still under the leadership of embattled Susana Diaz, said it would vote down a Ciudadanos-PP minority government.
If there is no agreement by December 27, the deadline will be pushed back by two months.
And if there is still no deal made, another election will be called.
- Expats rally around British pensioner made homeless on Spain’s Costa del Sol as alleged ‘squatter tenants’ speak out - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 20:32
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09