ONE tonne of cocaine has been found hidden among avocados on Spain’s Costa del Sol.
The haul, with a street value of around €160 million, was found in a warehouse in Velez-Malaga earlier this month.
Led by the Unit against Drugs and Organised Crime (Udyco), cops stormed a ship by surprise after being tipped off that it was stashed with the Class A narcotic.
Two Spaniards, a Moroccan and Romanian were arrested in connection with the raid.
They are being held behind bars.
The white drug, agents learned, had come from South America and into Spain through the port of Algeciras in the Campo de Gibraltar.
It was then taken to a fruit and vegetable company in Axarquia where it was hidden among avocados before being driven to Velez-Malaga.
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26