ONE tonne of cocaine has been found hidden among avocados on Spain’s Costa del Sol.
The haul, with a street value of around €160 million, was found in a warehouse in Velez-Malaga earlier this month.
Led by the Unit against Drugs and Organised Crime (Udyco), cops stormed a ship by surprise after being tipped off that it was stashed with the Class A narcotic.
Two Spaniards, a Moroccan and Romanian were arrested in connection with the raid.
They are being held behind bars.
The white drug, agents learned, had come from South America and into Spain through the port of Algeciras in the Campo de Gibraltar.
It was then taken to a fruit and vegetable company in Axarquia where it was hidden among avocados before being driven to Velez-Malaga.
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18