THE Beach Boys will perform at the Starlite festival this summer, it has been announced.
Marbella’s world-famous festival will host the California surf rockers on July 11 with doors opening at 8:00pm.
Organisers said: “Few acts can match The Beach Boys’ spirit and performance, and therefore it will no doubt be a very special night at Starlite 2019.
“For them, the beach isn’t just a place where the surf comes to play, it’s where life is renewed and made whole again.”
The two-time Grammy-winning group have an impressive back catalogue of 29 studio albums, including the hit singles ‘Good Vibrations’, ‘Surfin’ and ‘I get around’.
Having sold over 100 million records worldwide the American musical legends were named by Rolling Stone as the 12th greatest band of all time in 2004 and in 1980 were given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Mike Love and Bruce Johnston lead the current lineup of the iconic band, who return to the Costa del Sol after performing at Starlite 2014.
After making their debut over 50 years ago, the Beach Boys come to Spain’s Andalucia in the midst of their ‘Now and Then Tour.
Joining them this summer at one of Spain’s top festivals will be Il Divo, who return from last year’s event, as well as Maluma, Noche Movida, Diana Krall, Raphael, Melendi, David Bisbal, Ketama, Morat, Los Morancos, God Save the Queen and Malu, amongst others.
Tickets are on sale from www.starlitemarbella.com or call 902 750 787.
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57