THE Beach Boys will perform at the Starlite festival this summer, it has been announced.
Marbella’s world-famous festival will host the California surf rockers on July 11 with doors opening at 8:00pm.
Organisers said: “Few acts can match The Beach Boys’ spirit and performance, and therefore it will no doubt be a very special night at Starlite 2019.
“For them, the beach isn’t just a place where the surf comes to play, it’s where life is renewed and made whole again.”
The two-time Grammy-winning group have an impressive back catalogue of 29 studio albums, including the hit singles ‘Good Vibrations’, ‘Surfin’ and ‘I get around’.
Having sold over 100 million records worldwide the American musical legends were named by Rolling Stone as the 12th greatest band of all time in 2004 and in 1980 were given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Mike Love and Bruce Johnston lead the current lineup of the iconic band, who return to the Costa del Sol after performing at Starlite 2014.
After making their debut over 50 years ago, the Beach Boys come to Spain’s Andalucia in the midst of their ‘Now and Then Tour.
Joining them this summer at one of Spain’s top festivals will be Il Divo, who return from last year’s event, as well as Maluma, Noche Movida, Diana Krall, Raphael, Melendi, David Bisbal, Ketama, Morat, Los Morancos, God Save the Queen and Malu, amongst others.
Tickets are on sale from www.starlitemarbella.com or call 902 750 787.
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38