THE Beach Boys will perform at the Starlite festival this summer, it has been announced.
Marbella’s world-famous festival will host the California surf rockers on July 11 with doors opening at 8:00pm.
Organisers said: “Few acts can match The Beach Boys’ spirit and performance, and therefore it will no doubt be a very special night at Starlite 2019.
“For them, the beach isn’t just a place where the surf comes to play, it’s where life is renewed and made whole again.”
The two-time Grammy-winning group have an impressive back catalogue of 29 studio albums, including the hit singles ‘Good Vibrations’, ‘Surfin’ and ‘I get around’.
Having sold over 100 million records worldwide the American musical legends were named by Rolling Stone as the 12th greatest band of all time in 2004 and in 1980 were given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Mike Love and Bruce Johnston lead the current lineup of the iconic band, who return to the Costa del Sol after performing at Starlite 2014.
After making their debut over 50 years ago, the Beach Boys come to Spain’s Andalucia in the midst of their ‘Now and Then Tour.
Joining them this summer at one of Spain’s top festivals will be Il Divo, who return from last year’s event, as well as Maluma, Noche Movida, Diana Krall, Raphael, Melendi, David Bisbal, Ketama, Morat, Los Morancos, God Save the Queen and Malu, amongst others.
Tickets are on sale from www.starlitemarbella.com or call 902 750 787.
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08
- Expat killer Dave Mahon loses Supreme Court appeal over sentence for slaying brother of Amy Fitzpatrick, who vanished in Spain - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 13:40