AMAZON workers at their Madrid warehouse have gone on strike ahead of the Three Kings Day.
Staff walked out yesterday as part of a long campaign for better pay and conditions, before one of the biggest days of the Spanish national calendar on January 6.
UGT and CCOO are the unions who have called the strikes, which are likely to affect presents being delivered from Amazon’s biggest warehouse in Spain.
CCOO spokesman Douglas Harper revealed that 70% of staff at the warehouse had joined the strike.
“We have been protesting for a year,” Amazon worker David Matarraz told Reuters in Madrid.
“This is the richest company in the world and they want to keep profiting by taking away workers’ rights.”
Amazon staff in Poland and Germany are also striking, in the most recent protests against the multinational company since the Black Friday walkouts.
Meanwhile Spanish families are set to attend parades or Cavalcades on January 6, where sweets and presents are hurled into the crowds.
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38