AMAZON workers at their Madrid warehouse have gone on strike ahead of the Three Kings Day.
Staff walked out yesterday as part of a long campaign for better pay and conditions, before one of the biggest days of the Spanish national calendar on January 6.
UGT and CCOO are the unions who have called the strikes, which are likely to affect presents being delivered from Amazon’s biggest warehouse in Spain.
CCOO spokesman Douglas Harper revealed that 70% of staff at the warehouse had joined the strike.
“We have been protesting for a year,” Amazon worker David Matarraz told Reuters in Madrid.
“This is the richest company in the world and they want to keep profiting by taking away workers’ rights.”
Amazon staff in Poland and Germany are also striking, in the most recent protests against the multinational company since the Black Friday walkouts.
Meanwhile Spanish families are set to attend parades or Cavalcades on January 6, where sweets and presents are hurled into the crowds.
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08
- Expat killer Dave Mahon loses Supreme Court appeal over sentence for slaying brother of Amy Fitzpatrick, who vanished in Spain - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 13:40