AMAZON workers at their Madrid warehouse have gone on strike ahead of the Three Kings Day.
Staff walked out yesterday as part of a long campaign for better pay and conditions, before one of the biggest days of the Spanish national calendar on January 6.
UGT and CCOO are the unions who have called the strikes, which are likely to affect presents being delivered from Amazon’s biggest warehouse in Spain.
CCOO spokesman Douglas Harper revealed that 70% of staff at the warehouse had joined the strike.
“We have been protesting for a year,” Amazon worker David Matarraz told Reuters in Madrid.
“This is the richest company in the world and they want to keep profiting by taking away workers’ rights.”
Amazon staff in Poland and Germany are also striking, in the most recent protests against the multinational company since the Black Friday walkouts.
Meanwhile Spanish families are set to attend parades or Cavalcades on January 6, where sweets and presents are hurled into the crowds.
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57