THE rotting corpse of an unidentified man has been found on the beach of Calahonda de Mijas this morning.
At 8:15am the Guardia Civil got a call to say a body had been found in the tourist hotspot between Marbella and Fuengirola.
The corpse, found in Malaga province, has signs of spending a long time in the water, according to local reports.
“We do not know if it’s three days or a month, the body is in very bad condition,” a police source said.
The dead man is wearing a life jacket and police think he could be an immigrant who fell from a boat and drowned trying to reach Spain.
Guardia Civil Investigations are now underway after a local beach cleaner first notified authorities.
The decomposed body has been transferred to the Medical Legal Institute for an autopsy.
More to follow…
- DEATH CHEAT: 79-year-old in Gibraltar swims to shore after boat capsizes in dramatic survival feat - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 12:33
- Woman in Spain dies and 18 others sick after eating mushrooms at Michelin-starred restaurant - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:48
- Spain-Morocco railway tunnel talks underway government says - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:01
- WATCH: Dead sheep mysteriously washes up on Gibraltar beach (WARNING: distressing images) - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 18:41
- WATCH: Police in Spain ‘fire rubber bullets’ at Scottish football fans after Benidorm bar ‘torched’ and man arrested for crystal meth - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:08
- Vandalised Malaga cultural centre has CCTV installed in police crackdown on graffiti - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:41
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17