POLICE in Tenerife have arrested a man wanted by Scottish authorities for 29 crimes, including murder.
Authorities think the 35-year-old fugitive, thought to be from Glasgow is the leader of an international criminal organisation.
According to police, the alleged crime lord was ‘hiding out’ in the south of the Canary Island popular with British tourists.
He was cuffed near Tenerife South Airport after an Edinburgh court issued a European Arrest Warrant.
Authorities held the Scot on charges of money laundering, drug trafficking, kidnap and murder.
Spanish cops said they hunted down the Brit ‘for his alleged participation in illegal activities by a leading international criminal organisation.’
The man allegedly ran a global gang who operated in the UK, Iceland, Holland, United Arab Emirates, Portugal, Spain, China and Mexico.
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08
- Expat killer Dave Mahon loses Supreme Court appeal over sentence for slaying brother of Amy Fitzpatrick, who vanished in Spain - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 13:40