POLICE in Tenerife have arrested a man wanted by Scottish authorities for 29 crimes, including murder.
Authorities think the 35-year-old fugitive, thought to be from Glasgow is the leader of an international criminal organisation.
According to police, the alleged crime lord was ‘hiding out’ in the south of the Canary Island popular with British tourists.
He was cuffed near Tenerife South Airport after an Edinburgh court issued a European Arrest Warrant.
Authorities held the Scot on charges of money laundering, drug trafficking, kidnap and murder.
Spanish cops said they hunted down the Brit ‘for his alleged participation in illegal activities by a leading international criminal organisation.’
The man allegedly ran a global gang who operated in the UK, Iceland, Holland, United Arab Emirates, Portugal, Spain, China and Mexico.
- ‘Frightening’ moment on Thomas Cook flight to Spain as squishy cat toy explodes in British seven-year-old’s face - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 16:10
- Spain could snatch €1 billion Royal Navy ship contract ahead of British firms despite wargames over Gibraltar - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 12:40
- Gibraltar to install 17 speed bumps on Rock to protect ‘vulnerable’ baby monkeys from drivers - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 13:44
- Number of Brits on Costa del Sol increases for first time since before Brexit - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:14
- Man in Spain arrested over double knife attack at Ryanair check-in desk that saw woman stabbed in ear - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:33
- Tourism companies in Spain outraged at being handed limits on daily beach visitors with some as low as 250 per day - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 16:05
- WATCH: Dramatic moment huge tree smashes into crowd in Spain during Easter event - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- PIGEON PILL: Pesky birds in Spain’s Cadiz to be slipped contraceptives in food to control numbers - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- Climate change activists in Spain joined by those in UK as hundreds arrested - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 10:00
- SPOTTED: The only pictures of Wolves’ trip to Marbella ahead of Premier League action today - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:40