A LIVERPOOL party boat that will bring hordes of revellers from Merseyside to the Costa del Sol will launch this summer.
The 600-bed boat, worth more than €4 million, is the brainchild of Liverpudlian hotel chain Signature Living.
It comes after boss Lawrence Kenwright revealed the remarkable plan to launch a 600-bed party-boat hotel that will take Scousers to the sunny resorts like Ibiza and Marbella for parties and raves with ‘world famous DJs.’
Kenwright has now launched a competition to name the boat, with the owner of the winning name being handed four tickets for a four-night stay on the vessel when it docks in Marbella – with return flights from Liverpool included.
Kenwright said: “Liverpool has a rich maritime history – spanning centuries – and people across the city played a huge part in that. Indeed the Cunard and White Star Line ships helped cement our position as the second city of the British Empire.
“With our new cruise liner, we are launching what will be Signature Living’s first venture at sea.
“Our ambition is to help drive Liverpool’s maritime renaissance by giving our young people the opportunity of securing employment on the ship so they can go and work across Europe.
“But we want a name fit for the scale and size of our vessel and would like to hear ECHO readers’ views on what it should be. I really hope people get involved because you can help make your own piece of nautical history.”
It is understood that the boat’s maiden voyage will take place in the summer and will see a lucky group of Scousers travel from Liverpool to Marbella.
From there the boat will travel to other party destinations like Ibiza, offering wild parties and places for people to stay.
You can enter the competition to name the boat here.
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18