AN alleged ISIS terrorist has been cuffed on the Costa del Sol after pledging allegiance to the Syria-based death cult.
The suspect, known only as ML, was arrested in expat hotspot Manilva today after vowing to carry out attacks in Spain.
The 27-year-old Moroccan has allegedly been in direct contact with the terrorist group and had been planning to head to Syria to join their operation in the civil war there.
However he was unable to make the trip due to the group’s current loss of ground and recent setbacks and the fact that he could not guarantee the safety of his family in Spain.
According to investigators, he decided to stay in Spain and, if necessary, carry out a terrorist attack here.
ML had become particularly radical online in recent months and had pledged allegiance to the caliphate Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi and ISIS.
This, according to investigators, meant he was preparing to carry out his jihadist mission.
It is the same oath carried out by the majority of the terrorists behind recent attacks across Europe.
The suspect is being held without bail.
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40