HUNDREDS of feminist activists have gathered at the Andalucian parliament to protest against the far-right supported government being sworn in.
Juanma Moreno of the PP is set to be the first non-Socialist leader of the region for 36 years and has been bolstered by the far-right Vox party.
On Tuesday he began giving his maiden speech, before a vote on Wednesday, which should see him be sworn into power on Friday.
Over 50 feminist groups are camped outside the Parliament and are marching with the slogan, ‘not a step back in equality and diversity, our rights are not negotiated.’
Their rallying cries are a response to the pro-life, anti-immigration rhetoric of Vox, who pushed to repeal laws protecting women from gender violence.
After Andalucia’s former leader Susana Diaz called the snap elections on December 2, her PSOE party lost their overall majority.
This ushered in a centre-right coalition between the Ciudadanos and the PP, supported by Vox, who would not actually enter government themselves.
Instead, the far-right party, who gained their first 12 seats ever at the regional elections, made a 37-point agreement with the PP and Ciudadanos.
The concessions made to Vox include measures to tackle Islamic fundamentalism and illegal immigration.
Moreno now sets out his policies, which so far include a new water bill, the scrapping of inheritance tax, and a new law to protect flamenco.
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57