A DOG walker in Manilva found the corpse of a suspected narcotics dealer discarded on a beach popular with expats.
It came after a high speed chase on Sunday at 3:00pm saw drug traffickers evade police using a powerful boat.
Later at 5:00pm, customs officials found the same boat, a rubber model with outboards, but again the man escaped.
This time he used a larger boat using three 350 horsepower engines.
Neither chase resulted in a collision or anyone falling from the boat, according to police.
Later, an abandoned boat, drifting out at sea, was towed to Algeciras, but it is not known if it is the same boat as either of the other two.
When police were alerted by the dog walker about the corpse on the beach, they suspected it was linked to one of the boats.
A police spokesperson said the incident is ‘under investigation’.
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57